Thursday, July 3, 2008

Before the Beginning...

I can't begin to express how excited I am to finally create something from my favorite stories ever, the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. This project will revolve around only one of the seven chapters however...Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix; specifically, the Orders' headquarters located at #12 Grimmauld Place.

For the longest time, I've wanted to build a 1:12 scale haunted house. Something a bit on the creepy and dark side. Well, #12 Grimmauld Place isn't a haunted house, but it does have many of the physical characteristics that an old, dilapidated haunted house would: aged and dusty floors, peeling wallpaper, spider webs, a sense of gloom, and even a few creepy crawlies. This will be a fun project and will satisfy my craving, if only temporary, for creating something mysterious, dark, and maybe a bit suspenseful.

The dollhouse kit that my project will be made from is called The Eaton Square from The Dollshouse Emporium located at http://www.dollshouse.com. It's the perfect design for this project and it should be on its way to me within a few days.

In the meantime, I want to thank you for stopping by to see the beginnings of my blog. I hope you will come back often and visit. Who knows, you might run into Kreacher one of these days!

No comments: